11. Join an amateur theatre group... This one has been a dream since I was in primary school!
12. Write a song!
In no order:
1. Travel around Europe with Jordon
2. See the Grand Canyon
3. Go to Cambodia
4. Get into an exercise routine where I crave the exercise rather than it being a chore.
5. Complete a degree
6. Buy/Build a house
7. Get a Horse, an alpaca, a dog, a cat and a goat ;)
8. Drive around Australia for a period of time living out of a caravan/bus - grey nomad style (hands up who wants to look after the animals while I'm away?)
9. Teach kids with disabilities then move into early behaviour intervention
10. Learn to crochet the tops of hand towels
Stolen from Blue Mango's (which reminds me, i never did the age meme, i think i was given the age of 23, I'll do it next year :p)
01. What did you do in 2011 that you'd never done before?
Worked a desk job
02. Did you keep your New Years’ resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I dont make New Years resolutions.
03. Did anyone close to you give birth?
So freaking many, I'm 30! The most important being Cate who i've been friends with since I was born and has been married for 10 years and trying to conceive for 6 of those years :) Hudson is freaking amazingly gorgeous and loved more than any child i know!.... I just realised he was born in December 2010... i'm so counting it as a 2011 baby, we've watched him grow all year
04. Did anyone close to you die?
Nope, I was out of the disability field for most of the year... usually its one per year :(
05. What countries did you visit?
Fiji - Sisters wedding!
06. What would you like to have in 2012 that you lacked in 2011?
An exercise routine that I stick to.
07. What date from 2011 will remain etched upon your memory?
08. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Man i've had a boring year... I guess working out that a desk job is never going to be good for me and my place is definitely in the disability field. Corporate spending makes me ill.
09. What was your biggest failure?
nothing is a failure if you learn from it and don't repeat it
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
crashed my car, very minor back issues and face scrapes
11. What was the best thing you bought?
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Jordon's as always, freaking awesome kid, doing v well in highschool
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
14. Where did most of your money go?
Rent, bills, food
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
mine and anths 30th bday celebrations
16. What song/album will always remind you of 2011?
To build a home - Cinematic Orchestra
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
1. happier or sadder? the same.
2. thinner or fatter? the same.
3. richer or poorer? Poorer.
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
20. Who did you spend the most time on the phone with?
21. Did you fall in love in 2011?
22. How many one night stands in this last year?
23. What was your favourite TV program?
United states of Tara - Community close second
24. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
I don't do hate
25. What was the best book(s) you read?
hrm, I read a lot.... nothing stands out tho....
26. What was your greatest musical discovery?
The Swell Season documentary
27. What did you want and get?
Attended Meredith Music Festival & Harvest & Saw Jarvis Cocker again :D
28. What did you want and not get?
29. What were your favourite films of this year?
Inception, social network
30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2011?
Jeans, tshirts and sometimes skirts.... like the last 10 years.... fashion, blergh!
32. What kept you sane?
33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Connor Oberst/Jarvis Cocker
34. What political issue stirred you the most?
The fact that the "boat ppl issue" is even an issue!
35. Who did you miss?
Matty... Dad... the girls in byron.....I must visit both Dad and the girls in Byron
36. Who was the best new person you met?
Liz, new chick at Onemda (one of my workplaces)
37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2011.
leave an even larger buffer zone
slow down (not just in the car)
38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year?
I confess in 2011 I...
( ) stayed single for the whole year
(x) made out in/on a car
( ) kissed in the snow
( ) celebrated Halloween
( ) kissed in the rain
( ) had your heart broken
( ) broke someone else’s heart
( ) had a stalker
( ) went over the minutes on your cell phone
(x) had a good relationship with someone
( ) someone questioned your sexual orientation
( ) gotten pregnant
( ) had an abortion
(x) have a relationship with someone you’ll never forget
( ) done something you’ve regretted
( ) lost faith in love
( ) kissed under a mistletoe
( ) painted a picture
( ) wrote a poem
( ) ran a mile
(x) posted a blog
(x) listened to music you couldn’t stand
(x) went camping
( ) threw a surprise party
(x) laughed till you cried
( ) laughed till you peed in your pants
(x) visited a foreign country
( ) cut in a line of waiting people
( ) told someone you were busy when you weren’t (doing nothing is good for you, so it counts as being busy doing nothing!)
(x) partied to celebrate the new year
( ) cooked a disastrous meal
( ) lost something/someone important to you
In 2011 I…
( ) broke a promise
( ) lied
( ) cried over a broken bruised heart
( ) disappointed someone close
( ) hid a secret
( ) pretended to be happy
( ) slept under the stars
( ) kept your new years resolution (some of them)
( ) forgot your new years resolution (some of them)
( ) met someone who changed your life
( ) met one of your idols
( ) changed your outlook on life
(x) sat home all day doing nothing
( ) pretended to be sick
(x) left the country
( ) almost died
(x) given up something important to you
( ) lost something expensive
(x) learned something new about yourself
( ) tried something you normally wouldn’t try and liked it
(x) made a change in your life
( ) found out who your true friends were
(x) met great people
( ) stayed up til sunrise
( ) cried over the silliest thing
( ) was never home on weekends
(x) got into a car accident
( ) had friends who were drifting away from you
( ) had someone close to you die
( ) had a high cell phone bill
( ) spent most of your money on food
( ) had a fist fight
( ) saw a celebrity
( ) gotten sick
(x) became closer with some people
Thanks :D!!!! Merry Christmas :D xoxoxox BEST. CARD. EVER!
We should put you on our list for next year. I haven't sent cards out for a long time - I am lazy. Perhaps I'll do a silly jibjab elf dance for you :p
What's your email address?
I've done this because someone else did and I forgot how much I used to enjoy these emails going around.
Six Names You Go By:
Three Things You Are Wearing Right Now:
3. Amethyst Necklace
Three Things You Want Very Badly At The Moment: ("very badly" sounds so intense, none of my desires feel like I want them "very badly") However, it would be nice:
1. To have moved house and be at the unpacking stage
2. To have found a new book series to read
3. To be at Meredith Music Festival with Anth, Kate & Bang Bang :D
Three People You Hope Will Do This Meme:
Three Things You Did Last Night:
1. Wagged Yoga
2. Watched crappy movies with Anth
3. Cooked cutlets and steamed veggies NOM!
Three People You Talked To On The Phone Recently:
2. Laywer from company liquidating my old employer
This one needs a bit of a story. I'm obviously moving house and changing addresses with people. When calling spotlight head office, they have an option of pressing * and then you remain in the queue, however, you can hang up and they call you back rather than waiting on hold. Awesome hey? I then called centrelink and waited on hold for 30 mins (in the mean time spotlight called back, i was able to speak to them, change my address and get back to the centrelink call) Everyone should have the call back service!!!!
Three Things You Are Going To Do Tomorrow:
1. First appointment with new psychologist I'm a little excited, is that strange?
2. Take Robin out (hopefully to a movie, I don't feel like swimming/bowling)
3. Pack a few more boxes
Four Of Your Favorite Drinks:
1. Mango Nectar
2. Madame Flavour's Green Tea with Jasmine and Pear
3. English Breakfast Tea
4. Earl Grey Tea
Three Things That Made You Smile Today:
1. Anth teaching Jordon to lift weights
2. People walking past my house
3. Leela being cute
Anth, Jordon and I are moving in 6 weeks :( I'm going to miss this house more than people who have left my life!
Anyway, up for grabs so far:
Queen mattress, good condition, no pillow top
Futon Bed base - interesting condition :p black, wooden
Microwave - it works
Dining table (wooden top, black metal legs) + 6 seats black metal with cream pillow tops. Table has paint from gamesworkshop on it, could be sanded and revarnished.... cream pillow tops could be restored if you wanted also....
so Anth and I are sitting around talking about Jordon's dad working at Rent a Bomb and taking the work cars home every night. The plus side would be you'd get to drive different cars all the time which could be awesome but on the other hand you'd have to remove EVERYTHING every day... which got us onto the contents of the boots of our cars, one thing in Anth's is Jordon's grade 6 report... why? we have noooo idea.
I currently have, use regularly and couldn't do without:
bathers/towel/robin's shower bag and giant yellow swimming float
jeans, shoes, socks, underwear, tshirt, jumper, (incase something gross happens at work)
spare pants for Robin! (in case something gross happens when we're out)
two yoga mats
sunshield for windscreen
soap for windscreen wiper water bottle
spare eco bag
robin's communication book
robin's wallet full of cd's
ps Robin is the guy with Downs Syndrome that I take out weekly :p
My glove box has: manuals, CPR emergency kit, Screwdriver set, tissues, wet ones, lighter, tom tom cover (my car is new, this will get much worse and i'll justify the need for every item)
I'd be stuffed if I had to carry and remember these things weekly. I respect those of you riding bikes/using public transport. :)
For the people with cars......What's in there that you couldn't do without??